Goulais Community Centre
Come Join Us for an Evening of Introduction
Tuesday, April 18, 2017 @ 3:00 pm – 7 pm
- Janine R Gibbs, RSW, SSW-NS, Community Mental Wellness Worker
- Rodney Elie, SSW-NS, Addictions/NNADAP Worker
- Come on out to share your ideas for future programming
- Enjoy snacks and refreshments at this informal meet and greet
- Attendees will have their name entered to win the Door Prize!
A.I.A.I. HEALTH SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The AIAI Health Scholarship Award was created in 1989 to promote and recognize First Nations excellence in a Health or Traditional Healing post-secondary program. Ultimately, we strive to increase the number of First Nations people entering into a health profession as their career goal. The successful applicants (2) will receive the $1000 Health Scholarship and honorable recognition by AIAI’s Grand Chief at the 2017 Annual General Assembly. At the request of the AIAI Chiefs Council two (2) scholarships will be awarded at $1,000.00 each.
- All applicants must be of First Nation heritage and be a registered band member with one of the seven (7) AIAI Member Nations – Batchewana, Caldwell, Delaware (Moraviantown), Hiawatha, Oneida, Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte (Tyendinaga), and Wahta Mohawks.
- Applicants can only accept this scholarship as a one-time recipient.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student in a Health related or Traditional Healing post-secondary program for the 2016/2017 academic school year.
- Applications Must Include the Following:
- A self-profile describing why you are deserving of such a scholarship.
- Transcripts displaying your current academics
- One (1) letter of support from your current program advisor, school counselor, or professor/instructor, etc.
- One (1) letter of support from your Administration Office confirming that you are a registered First Nation member of your community.
NOTE: Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Reminder: include your contact information: i.e. Return address, email, and phone number.
Submit your application to the attention of:
Suzanne Nicholas, Health and Wellness Coordinator
Association of Iroquois & Allied Indians
387 Princess Ave. London, ON N6B 2A7
Phone: (519) 434-2761 Fax: (519) 675-1053