Batchewana First Nation invites all interested band members to submit a resume for the position of
SUMMER STUDENT EMPLOYMENT COORDINATOR
The Summer Student Employment Coordinator (SSEC) will be responsible for all aspects of securing summer employment for Batchewana First Nation students.
- Must be unemployed; in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits or; in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years or; in receipt of Social Assistance or; have no income
- Post-secondary education in related field.
- Proposal writing and supervisory experience required
- Able to handle problem situations in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to provide a clear CPIC
- Must have access to a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Identify and solicit potential career related placements with local employers both on and off reserve.
- Prepare, organize and facilitate two resume writing workshops (Rankin, Goulais)
- Identify, create and implement a variety of pre-employment and training workshops.
- Prepare and advertise job postings for available summer student employment opportunities.
- Monitor student progress, attendance, etc. on a weekly basis.
- Complete payroll and attendance reports for Payroll Clerk.
- Prepare and submit all financial and narrative reports to funding agencies as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Wage: $14.00 per hour Duration: May 8, 2017 to September 1, 2017
Please submit application and resume to: Summer Student Employment Coordinator Hiring Committee
236 Frontenac Street
Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 6Z1
Deadline for applications: APRIL 13, 2017 @ 12 noon
Late submissions post marked or date stamped after the deadline will not be accepted. Facsimiles will not be accepted.